The processing of documents - whether internal, external, contractual or non-contractual documents - is an essential element for the productivity of all organizations.
Document management is not perceived as a potential strategic advantage. This is changing rapidly as companies change digitally, finding new ways to leverage records as operational and strategic assets.
Rethinking the way document processes are managed is a key area of transformation to move to a paperless and 100% digital model.
This concept of "Zero Paper" is achievable. But it sometimes hides the incredible diversity of IT solutions that make it possible to achieve this objective.
How can a viewer simplify and facilitate the management of document records?
The latest generation viewer offers the possibility of enriching a documentary process thanks to advanced features of:
- Reading of documents mail, pages, images, videos
- View attachments regardless of their format and location and browser
- Comparison of different documents between them
- Assembling or creating documents or folders from multiple documents
- Annotation of documents with text, shapes
- Addition of an electronic signature, a validation stamp
- Search based on keywords,
- Traceability of movements
- Securing access
Advantages of viewing documents electronically
A state-of-the-art document visualization system simplifies lifecycle management of corporate documents without interfering with the organization's strategic processes.
A document visualization system seamlessly connects to all applications and automates document work to reduce organization-wide costs and reduce the cost of regulatory compliance.
Among the other advantages of implementing a document viewing system :
- Improves access to information, leading to more informed decision-making
- Helps to provide services in a consistent and fair manner
- Helps meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Supports information governance
- Supports and documents historical and other research
- Ensures continuity in case of disaster
Good records management can promote operational excellence across the organization
Take the example of one of our clients, a leading company in the global insurance market.
As a highly regulated industry, insurance stakeholders must record every aspect of the transaction for auditing purposes, resulting in the creation of hundreds of records each week.
The company has been using ARender for years to visualize, annotate, compare, merge documents in order to create a workable record in the context of a claim.
Their record management process is very complex. Several copies and versions have been stored in different folders in the enterprise repository, making documents difficult to find.
The company analyzed current records management practices and found that the repository contained several hundred thousand documents and that several hundred records were submitted each week.
In addition, the company did not apply naming standards or templates and did not have strict records management controls in place.
ARender has implemented a plan to revise its current document management solution. The company has created a record management strategy and designed processes to ensure that only finalized documents can be stored, eliminating duplicate records.
Once the new content management framework and processes were in place, our client migrated all existing repository content to the new folder structure and metadata templates.
It has been able to deploy the new insurance contract management system and its benefits are considerable:
- Documents are submitted, filed and found using the same company-wide standards, no matter where they were originally created in the business.
- Audits are now completed faster and more efficiently
- Staff and management satisfaction is improved through simplified access to documents
Where is your paperless project?
Enjoy a 30-minutes free interview with our experts