In this series of blog posts dedicated to helping you, deciders, key users, IT managers, to precisely reckon the ROI of an advanced document viewer such as ARender, we detail what are your expected benefits and potential ROI.
Today in our ARender ROI calculation, we focus on calculating ROI of accurate traceability in any business decision.
Sticking to XFDF format has multiple advantages
ARender uses the ISO standard XFDF format to store and retrieve annotations.
- Feature-rich: XFDF is the most versatile and complete annotation format, handling a large set of features required by demanding users
- Durable: because it is an open, ISO standard, XFDF is here to stay. Annotations created now will still be viewable in their context in decades. The struggle of migrating closed-format, specific annotations from legacy systems proves that an open format is a key factor of sustainability.
As a result, annotating documents within ARender has changed in the eye of ARender users.
From a cooperation ability, the Annotation feature became a prominent mean for the users to keep track of key business decisions within their documents - contextualized - easily browsable.
Obvious use-case: mortgage assessment decisions.
A mortgage case is generally complex, containing a bunch of various documents, with various and sensitive data stored at different places.
Within structured bank back-offices, the business decision related to a mortgage validation is generally notified in a dedicated business application.
But how does a user link this decision to actual document content, to ease future access to the key factor motivating this final decision ? Annotations.
Benefits then come in two flavors:
- At decision time: how much time users spend actually binding their business decisions to incoming data, to motivate and prove their actions ?
- After decision time: how much time users struggle to retrace the process of business decisions, from the business app, the final notification, up to the original source ?
Enhance business workflows and collaboration with Annotation
Precise traceability of all business decisions: watch video
ARender® supports a variety of annotations formats:
- Geometric highlights
- Textual highlights
- “sticky notes”, and more.
ARender allows to annotate Documents, Images and Videos.
It is easy to search and extract annotation information thanks to XML format wich enables quick searching and extraction of information contained within the document annotation, tags, or notes.
Users can communicate about a specific part of the document by commenting on existing annotations.
Users can assign a tag (e.g. identity - security - contract number) to each individual annotation to indicate to other users why the annotation was placed on the page.
They can create final, tagged versions of the document with selected annotations for use in final decisions.
The viewer displays user information on each annotation, including the date and time stamp for when the annotation was made.
Document, image, video annotation capabilities are based on user permission levels set up by the administrator.
Download the guide: The ROI of Using the ARender Document Viewer