ARender: Release of version 3.0.2 'Xenon'
- 30 Sep, 2015
- Release note
The ARender Team is proud to present you ARender Version 3.0.2 !
Major features introduced
User Interface :
- AnnotationExplorer now presents the list of annotations created on the documents in a table, along with various informations on these annotations (#3413)
- New annotation types : Circle (#384), Highlight, Strikeout, Underline text, with an extra popup to add comments on these text selections (#3411)
- Support very large PDF documents (> 10,000 pages) (#3475). This requires a maximum Java memory size (Xmx) of at least 2048 MB (wrapper.conf : wrapper.java.maxmemory=2048)
- Optimise Microsoft Office backend document loading time (#3605)
Major API changes
- Add XFDF support for Rotation annotations (xfdf:rotation) (#3361)
Major Issues resolved
User Interface :
- Much better support for IBM FileNet annotations in XML “P8” format. (#3415, #3497, #3504)
- Fix several issues with Search feature, including the ability to jump between results (#3717, #3833)
- Much better support for graphics-based annotations (Arrow, Rectangle, Ellipse) for IE8/11 browsers (#3526)
- Uzzy feature, using mouse wheel to jump from a document to another when viewing multiple documents / composite documents now fully functionnal
- Fix issues that may arise on large text/plain documents (#3844)
- Fix download composite documents as PDF issues with specific image formats (#3753)
Known incompatibilities & Issues
- Highlight, Strikethrough and Underline XFDF annotations are not yet supported with the FileNet annotation format
- Annotations editing may have issues on iPad and mobile devices.
- XFDF Annotations will not work on composite documents (Zip, Mails).
- Changing current document in a multi-document scenario may not properly ask to save unsaved annotations.
- Source document DPI is not considered for XFDF saving / reading, which may be an issue for non-PDF documents with foreign annotations.
- New jnipdfrenderer has issues with jpeg format. Switch to png for default configuration.
- Multi-view feature may not behave correctly when annotations are on the document,
- Using compare feature multiple times may not highlight the text properly
- Scroll while comparing text document changes the current document. It should not.